We’re Google Driven now!

I’ve really enjoyed term 1…it’s gone so fast but for once I haven’t been hard on myself to plan to perfection. Instead, I’ve worked on getting to know my kids, blogged, google docked (did I just make up a word?), played lots of social ‘getting to know you’ games and emailed my students back and forth. Our blogging has been quite superficial, as has our google docking- but the constant use has given the children confidence and understanding of the simple mechanics of how it all works. All my students have work in their drive, and it’s saved and they can find it, no matter what device they pick up- it’s been a revelation to some and finally adopted and accepted by all.
So, this should mean that next term we can get down to the nitty gritty, using higher order thinking and use our new skills with some substance….all going well. Wish us luck!

One thought on “We’re Google Driven now!

1. What a great start Kate. I like the way you have developed such great relationships with the students. Money in the bank I call it. Learning relies on relationships and will be much easier now you have built such strong relationships. I’ll be looking forward to some higher thinking skills use of technology and very willing to help when needed,
    Cheers from Jenny
    PS. Enjoy the camp another relationship building opportunity with teachers, parents and students.